- Spruced up interface and design.
- Improved HTML5 game support
- Improved Adreno GPU Canvas support.
- New demo page: X-type game
- Faster page loading speed.
- Various stability and performance improvement
Today we are thrilled to be able to say that we are, bar none, the fastest HTML5 supported browser out there!
What is Dolphin Engine in Beta?
Dolphin Engine (in Beta) is an improved webkit version with extensive canvas enhancement and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it the highest performing HTML5 compatible browser available today.
What does highest performing mean?
Dolphin has placed particular attention to canvas element, 2D context and text rendering. In addition, Dolphin Engine made significant GPU technology improvements around GPU accelerated canvas rendering and optimized CPU / GPU parallel computing.
How fast? Dolphin Engine’s HTML-5 Rendering is:
- 5-10X faster than the default Android browser
- 100% faster than Chrome (at times)
- Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
Try it out our latest version of Dolphin Engine, the behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.
Check out how Dolphin stacks up:
So what do the high scores mean?
The higher the score, the better the support of HTML5 based web apps/web games.
With a score of over 450, the highest tested, Dolphin has:
- Full support for Web Worker
- Full support for Web Socket
- Full support for Web Audio
- Support of Camera real-time video display
- Support of Web Notification
- Support of Web GL
- Support of Web application customization
No need to download an individual app to your Android phone, Dolphin Browser’s new Beta runs all web apps super fast all within your browser. But enough talk – try it out.
Ok now that you have it, check out the difference. Go to our Demo page to explore different improvements Dolphin Engine in Beta’s the speed and support of HTML5 .
- HTML5 and CSS3 canvas performance enhancement
- Web camera support
- WebGL support
We want to know your experience so make sure to send us any crash reports and if you, heaven’s forbid, have any other problems while running the Dolphin Engine in Beta please tell us in the comments below or email email@example.com.
PS. While we have been testing as much as we can, there are just so many phones! Check out the full list here of phones we have already tested. If you have another type, please try it out and let us know! But if your device is running honeycomb, we are sorry that we don’t support Android 3.0+ for Dolphin Engine Beta right now. Stay tuned for more updates!